• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Delissa Angel Ortega

Delissa Ortega

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
MTA Student
Hi everybody I just wanted to leave a post in hopes to motivate and encourage everyone. Yesterday I got my test results back for my CPC-I and I passed! I now have my CPC, CPC-H and CPC-I.

The technique I learned from the Laureen ...the bubbling and highlighting made it all so clear. I am a MBC Program Director and Teacher at a College here in Dallas. I had 19 students last year. I taught Laureen's method to my students at the end of the year last year and all 19 passed their exam before Christmas and all 19 are working as medical coders today. Laureen's methodology works. That's a fact 19 times. More students will graduate and pass their board exam this year thanks to Laureen!! Hat's down to you Laureen.

Delissa Angel Ortega, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Delissa thanks for sharing. I can not agree with you more! The whole idea is to help these people pass. Sounds like you have a passion just like us in helping students pass.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Congratulations, Delissa, on passing the CPC-I exam. Keep helping students pass their CPC exams.

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hi, Delissa,

Congratulations on passing your test. I was wondering with your teaching/director position at your college. My local community college does not have a medical coding/billing/HIM program. The college is well known in my area for it's allied health programs like LPN, RN (Associate Degree), Medical Assistant, Radiological Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant. However, this geographical area is recognized as the hub for medical care for a tristate area. This geographical area also has a medical college in the works ( not associated with community college). I am not associated with the community college other than being an alum (RN). I would like to know how I could approach them (the community college) with the proposal for a new academic degree program in HIM, billing/coding/insurance, etc., since there is so much growth in this area and calls for employers for open spots for employees to have degrees/credentials/experience in these areas. I would also like to address these questions to Alicia and Laureen.

Thank you.